THE HAPPY 101 AWARD
Looks like I’ve been given another MEME… hope there’s a shot for these things.
Simon of Screen Insight and the Simon & Jo Film Show chose your friendly neighborhood Kaiderman - and another 9 winners – to continue an ‘award’-thing-like post called the Happy 101 Award, it is all about sharing the things that bring you joy. So, having been given this award – thankyou verymuch – I must follow the rules and…
SHARE 10 THINGS THAT BRING YOU JOY. Here ya go…
1. My wife… my daughter… my son… duh!
2. My best friend Angie… my sister from another mister… my best man… the only person on Earth that can make me laugh out loud every 5 seconds.
3. Smoking out back, under the stars, listening to my iPod and dreaming up new movie ideas to write.
4. Sci-Fi and Horror films. Best… genres… ever. Not to mention, the only 2 genres where a bad film can make for a better movie.
5. Orgasms bring me a lot of joy. Sure, when they come about due to masturbation they are quickly followed by shame but I think those still count.
6. That part of a song that gives you chills. Be it a bass line, a guitar lick, a harmony, a lyric, whatever. That part of the song that makes the whole thing worth lsitening to over and over again.
7. Making people laugh. My number 1 goal in life. I don’t know if it was cause I was unhappy as a child but I love when I can make someone smile. The harder it is, the more it’s worth it.
8. Working out… just kidding… BEER!
9. MILFcast (aka: the Man, I Love Films podcast) has brought me a ton of joy lately. Blogging was actually something I started doing (though I don’t regret it one bit) because I didn’t know how to do a podcast. To finally have one and to have a voice has been soooo much fun!
10. Writing… the one thing a writer hates to do is write but there is a joy that accompanies seeing the finished product that nothing can compare to. Except, maybe, when that product illicits an emotion from someone that reads it.
That’s it, folks. Though there are some rules that go along with this thing. You must pass it along to 10 other bloggers and tell them that they must done as you too have done. So, like a good STD, here it cums… I nominate:
Jim, Jon and Heather over at Movie Mobsters (That’s a 3some)
Terri at GoreGirl’s Dungeon (Cuz after watching all those effed up movies, I wonder what brings her joy)
Fletch at Blog Cabins (Just because – SMOOCH!)
Castor and Red at Anomalous Material (Cuz they love community and MEME’s are a big part of that)
Marc at Go, See, Talk! (Cuz we always talk Zombies and it’s time we talk joy)
M. Carter at M. Carter @ the Movies (Cuz she needs to write more, cuz she’s that good)
Olive at Movie News First (Cuz we need to send a little love back to the Brits)
Get blogging, kiddies!