10 MOVIE FACTS ABOUT ME (MEME)
I was recently called out by Castor Troy from Anomalous Material to participate in MEME… a blog started by Scott from the blog “He Shot Cyrus”. Think of it as a post on getting to know your author. So, without further ado, I present you with a list dedicated to my favorite subject: ME!
1. I have been an artist since I was 4 years old and always dreamed of being the next Walt Disney.
2. Between the ages of 17 & 21, I had several teachers that encouraged me to pursue becoming a writer. When I saw the film Fight Club, I decided I wanted to become a screenwriter. LEAVE IT ALONE, McG!!! 🙂
3. The idea for THE LIST was originally conceived as a podcast. It became a blog at my wife’s suggestion and was designed to get me back in the habit of writing regularly.
4. I have a toy room that houses busts, statues, collectibles and over 800 mint to near mint, unopened action figures. Every figure is movie based.
5. I was an extra in the first Spiderman film.
6. I, like my buddy Castor Troy, have a huge collection of movie posters. I have around 75. I used to have about 23 displayed in my home but my wife has cut that back to around 10. Some of these are very rare including an original 1989 Batman poster, an early Pulp Fiction that is out of print, a European Dark Knight print of the Joker and a Spiderman print with the Twin Towers in the reflection of his eyes.
7. The movie I’ve seen the most in theaters is Kingpin. I went a total of 17 times with my old Newport Beach crew. I only spent $17 dollars for all the viewings thanks to the $1 theater in Costa Mesa, CA… R.I.P.
8. Our pet fish is named Einstein after the dog from Back to the Future.
9. I met my wife, Editor-In-Chief, by casting her for a friend’s short film titled THUNDER & THE DIAMOND.
10. My first name, “KAI”, is Hawaiian for “Ocean” or “Water”. However, my greatest disappointment in life is that my parents didn’t name me Peter so that I could officially be the world’s greatest Spiderman fan.
Like any internet meme, you are supposed to pass it along by tagging other people. Here are the 5 bloggers I have taxed with this assignment:
PARAGRAPH FILM REVIEWS – The man that introduced THE LIST to the blogosphere.
ROSS V. ROSS – They’ll try to do a joint effort but I say they need to do 2 lists.
M. CARTER – The blogger who’s writing skills I envy most.
CUT THE CRAP MOVIE REVIEWS – Because everything Aiden writes cracks me up.
THE DARK OF THE MATINEE – One of my favorite podcasters!
That’s it for now… jealous??? Make sure to check out some of the other contributor’s sites and please feel free to leave your comments below. I never edit any of the comments. Remember, this was meant to be an interactive site, as much as I love the sound of my own voice.
You can also sign up to get this blog via e-mail at the top of the page. And, as always, if you like this site, TELL A FRIEND!
Check back Wednesday for our nest post. Have a great week and remember… with great power comes great responsibility.