DESERT ISLAND CD
My man, Castor Troy, came up with a great follow-up to last year’s Desert Island DVD’s post (wherein we picked what 7 DVD’s we’d take with us if we were stranded on a Desert Island). The idea is simple: You can burn one CD to bring with you to a deserted island. There’s only one stipulation. Since we’re movie bloggers, all songs must be featured on a movie soundtrack.
You’ll find mine below. I did not pick my favorite movie soundtrack songs of all time but rather put together an upbeat eclectic mix of songs that would help kill the time and make me forget the depression that comes from living alone on a deserted island. That being said, check it out:
1. WHERE IS MY MIND? – THE PIXIES (FIGHT CLUB)
2. HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN – THE ANIMALS (CASINO)
3. DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GANGSTA – GETO BOYS (OFFICE SPACE)
4. BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY – QUEEN (WAYNE’S WORLD)
5. THE POWER OF LOVE – HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS (BACK TO THE FUTURE)
6. WAKE UP – ARCADE FIRE (WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE)
7. WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB – BECK (SCOTT PILGRIM vs. THE WORLD)
8. DON’T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME – SIMPLE MINDS (THE BREAKFAST CLUB)
9. LOSE YOURSELF – EMINEM (8 MILE)
10. SHE SELLS SANCTUARY – THE CULT (LAYER CAKE)
11. I AM A MAN OF CONSTANT SORROW – THE SOGGY BOTTOM BOYS (0 BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?)
12. MULLETHEAD – BEASTIE BOYS (CLUELESS)
To find others involved in this little effort, check out Castor’s site by CLICKING HERE!!!